Monday, April 16, 2007

The Blog has Returned

Return of the blog

Yes, that’s right the blog is back and the question is will it be better than ever, though in reality as to how it good it was very subjective at worst.

Well, the hiatus was for a number of reasons. Once after the Aussie Open, my interest tends to wane in tennis and is only saved by Davis Cup, even then while I have had an active interest in these results. I had other things going on in my life and also didn’t feel like writing about it either.

Then there is the subject of the ATP chairman Etienne De Villiers, otherwise known as Mr.Disney who is intent on creating mayhem on the ATP to get himself noticed and under the illusion of actually doing something when in reality his changes are more cosmetic than a top house Milan fashion show.

I am going to do some more player profile things among the tournament reviews, and I might have a section just for Mr.Disney and his clown like adventures and the demise of Round Robin was wonderful but predictable. When I spoke to some of the players at the Aus Open, they were confident it wouldn’t last, but the way it went down was great.

Ok, if you have any requests for me to profile someone or a subject, then let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nils,

It is great to see the blog back, I hope this clay court season is more exciting than the one last year. I would love to see your thoughts on the clay revolution of the 90s and why it seems we have a vacuum right now. I would also love to see posts on players that do not generate that much attention, I recall a superb post you had on Vinci. For example, writing about Zabaleta and Roitman would be great, I hope those two stay healthy and enjoy the game in the coming months.

Best,
Kyriakos