Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mad Michelle in Cincy and that means Fan Reports for Us All

Onto the second of the TMS events in Cincinnati and of course the ATP have dropped the ball and have back to back TMS events, but since when have these clowns had a clue as an organisation.

The common complaint people always seem to have is that the Draw is so hard and all this and all I can say to that is boo fucking hoo. It's a TMS event and there are going to be tough matches and of course there are going to be matches we don't like, and I have already found a few already that aren't the best for me, but this is life and usually they will always pair players who you either like or ones that bitchslap your player in that particular section.

As for what will happen in this event, well who knows but maybe something like Federer or Nadal winning the event could be deemed to be something as a major boilover in the tennis world.

All is good in the tennis world now as the girl known as Jess to me or as savestheday91 on MTF has finally caught up with her dream object Gospodin Novak Djokovic and while Jess has a chest to remember, in all seriousness it's good that she finally had a chance to speak with him.

I have seen Djokovic around quite a lot and he is usually quite friendly with people and that's a good thing, though he doesn't mind the strategic break when it's needed. He plays the Finn Nieminen in the 1st round and I'd like to see that match, however knowing the organisers they won't be on a TV court unless Jess gets them out, but hopefully they will be.

Chucho and big Stani Wawrinka, that is another 1st rounder that is of interest, whether Chucho can perform well 2 weeks in a row on hardcourt will be a challenge and the winner will play Nalle or qualifier and I don't see Nalle playing like he did last week again. Nalle and Stani is a good match up for Nalle as he knows how to work him around the court and highlight Stani's weakness. As for Chucho and Nalle, the DC doubles team of Nalbasuso, they have played only once and Nalle won that. I guarantee that Chucho and Stani will be not on TV.

Massu and Gonzo: At least a Chilean will get through to the next round and that is something and which the way the Chilean fans will swing in this match is of passing interest. Gonzo is a man of the people and has a smile on his face a lot of the time, whereas Massu is not happy unless he is scowling and taking 30 mins in between points.

There are some other good 1st round matches.

Boredo and Gasquet : Well I hope the umpire is not Norm Chryst, cause if it is then I will go for the linespeople. The whole Gasquet bandwagon thing is ridiculous, sure he is a shotmaker and a good one at that and has a cool coach Eric "The Pink Panther" Deblicker. What makes the "Pink Panther" so cool, he doesn't have to try hard and he comes across in a good way and knows his stuff and he is a backgammon genius. The Gasquet hooplah is over the top. How many players go from superstar, chump, forgotten about, potential, has been and the greatest thing ever to hit tennis in a short period of time?

Monfils and Safin: A guy who hasn't played against one whose form is so up and down and there are rumours of a coaching split with him, but with Safin, it's never his own fault for bad and inconsistent results.

Then there is Mr Consistency Paulo Mathieu, who the more he loses, the more I get to appreciate him and as for appreciation he would be doing the tennis world a big favour by knocking out that piece of rubbish and gimp Gineprick in the 1st round, then again with Paulo, he would find a way to make Tulasne lose hair.

As for the qualies big Seppi has a good chance to make it and needs a good tournament and it would be funny if Dropshot Dlouhy got through over Gimelclown, reversing the defeat he had against Justin on clay, by beating him on a hardcourt.

Well the WD's as for Agassi, just retire and be done with it.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the paragraph on Paulo. As for Richard, it is amusing how so many "fans" of his have started popping up from nowhere this week. It doesn't really matter though, as long as we know who the true fans are. I don't think you'll have to worry about the bandwagon too much next week as he'll probably lose in the first round citing fatigue, LOL.

Anonymous said...

How could you forget my favourite 1st round match up............Moya against Ferrer - undoubtedly the prettiest 1st round match - or am just being a vacuous female again? As for Gasquet - I am neither for nor against - but anyone that can beat Andy Murray deserved a few cheers from me in Toronto! Hopefuly my beloved "Boredo" who everyone seems to hate but me - will beat him in Cinci!!!

Michelle - have a wonderful time - and look forward to your reports. Any photos of David and Tommy (and especialy David's coach of course!) would be much appreciated by me!!!!

Anonymous said...

Allez Paulo and this blog seems to be very pro Ginepri and I just read his blog, this guy is a genius.

The vacuous female strikes again as for Moya and Froggy Ferrer, there is some serious hair loving in that match. Moya owns him and I wonder if Ferrer can get over that.

Anonymous said...

OK dunno why you put me in the headlines seeing that I was toting along children on this trip and seemed to spend more time at Kings Island than tennis.....

First of all, (thanks Rosie) it was Gaby Markus that was working with Marat Safin during the tourney. Wasnt able to ask him if this was a temp or perm thing going on, Marats got quite the fan base over in Cincy, and even getting close to the practice court can be trickkkky.

It seems that the Frenchies all went down simultaneously save for a few stragglers.....only saw one match, that of Bennet, who should consider joining the World Poker Tour instead of tennis, he just played like shite.

Talked to Chucho's physio, and he was feeling good coming into Cincy, dont know what got into his head yesterday, but he was hitting very well in practices.

If anyone out there has ever been to Cincy, please beg to differ with me, but I honestly think that this is one tournament that could use relocation to a true major metropolitan area. The venue is really quite tiny, which is good for fans, but its location in the middle of suburbia and theme park HELL really leaves much to be desired. Maybe thats why the players who tend to stay up a bit later (trying to be PC on that one) seem to lose early in this tourney....

Anyway, no Gaudio there and I was highly disappointed. Ferrer looking good (lol Rosie, I'm now jumping on the Javi bandwagon) Robredo (in my GIRL opinion) is looking FINE and all grown up now, gotta love that tee he is wearing (says COME PLAY WITH ME in big letters) and I dont care what you men think here, he can shine those baby blues in my direction any day.

Feli sucks, and if you thought his backhand was bad before, its just gotten worse....maybe Julien can teach him how to play poker so they can both find a way to make some real money on a tour.

Anyway, I met Guillermo Vilas while at a party in Cincy and have some video of him and Mats jamming with the Bryan band (it was their Dad's band, they were still in Toronto...)met Mahesh and Paradorn there, yakked with some Frenchie coaches and then basically avoided Cash Spadea like the plague, as he was once again trolling the locals......

Well, sorry not much tennis to report on, as I basically had to go to practices....time constraints had me departing on Monday so I only caught one match.. :( I have lots of pics, will post them over in hell (MTF)
when I find time to resize them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the report Michelle - and - don't worry - the Javi bandwagon is big enough for the both of us - not to mention my friend Linda and quite a few others as well - he is gorgeous after all - LOL!!!! And glad that you are joining me in the "Vamos Tommy" brigade - I'm heartily sick of trying to explain my love (or is that lust?) for Tommy to people who sneer at him and call him "Boredo"! Having never been to Cinci I can't comment on the environment at all - but being stuck here working 24/7 and getting withdrawal symptoms from live tennis - I would happily go there for a day or two. As for the Gaby Markus thing - you're welcome - you know my knowlede of coaches (Argentine or Spanish a speciliaty!!!) is well known. Glad you got home safely.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the report Michelle. It was appreciated. You saw Mats....with the Bryans. Well, I forgive him!! As for what happened with Chucho, I guess that even him couldn't answer to this one.

Anonymous said...

What a strange tournament, no Fed or Nadal in the final when they are both in the same event.

Ferrero saving his season with this one good result and I wonder if Gonzalez can continue in this form.

Thanks for the news Michelle.

Anonymous said...

How great to attend Roddick's Resurrection!!!! For those who wouldn't have understood that I'm using sarcasm, sorry, but I am. I trully am. Nice tournament from JCF though.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Roddick has risen from the dead and will now be the great American hope for world domination of tennis.

Sigurd Sigurdsson said...

Viva Roddick, too bad it was he that broke up the Fed/Nadal monotony.